The Aisling Irish Community and Cultural Center is celebrating 25 years of service to the Irish and Irish American Community in New York. Having recently reopened the completely redesigned community center, AICC is now hiring a Social Media and Development Officer. As part of a growing, dynamic team, you will be instrumental in supporting the growth and development of programs in Irish Culture, Social Services, Senior Programs and Youth Development in a community setting.
Responsibilities of the role:
● Implement an effective, cohesive messaging strategy across social media platforms, E-communications and website for all program areas
● Conceptualize and create online fundraising appeals
● Create print materials
● Represent AICC at networking opportunities
● Support committee co-chairs and volunteers in producing annual fundraising events and community events
● Track donations and Issue letters of acknowledgement
● Maintain donor database & take the lead on implementing Salesforce use team wide
● Work with the Executive Director to Support grant research, applications and reporting
● Self-starter that enjoys completing independent projects while working as a team member
● Eager to provide service to the community while interacting with a wide range of groups and individuals
● Professional, flexible, and available to work occasional evenings and/or weekend days as needed.
● Familiar with organizational aspects of event planning including set-ups and break-downs.
● Knowledge of the following or similar: Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media Platforms, WordPress, Mailchimp, Salesforce, Canva, FoundationSearch
● Experience with budgets in a nonprofit setting is highly desirable
● Bachelor’s degree
● Excellent interpersonal, speaking, and writing skills
● High-level of competency with Microsoft Office Suite, data management and research tools
● Understanding of budgeting and database management.
● Experience in a nonprofit setting.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. AICC offers generous benefits including paid time off, holidays, sick days, personal days, and health insurance. Work authorization, COVID-19 vaccination and references are required.
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org