Cross County Center is seeking a qualified Janitorial Porter to join our team. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Ensure safety by wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when needed.
• Clean restrooms, (empty trash receptacles, fill dispensers, sweep, mop floors, clean glass, sinks and toilets).
• Dust mop.
• Detail restrooms.
• Clean vents and fixtures in restrooms.
• Dust and clean entrance door thresholds, frames, and edging.
• Deal with reasonable requests /complaints with professionalism and patience.
• Effectively communicate with property management to accomplish assignments tasks.
• Understand and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, customer rules and regulations, and safety rules and regulations.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
• 12 months of related work experience preferred.
• Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and floor equipment a plus.
• Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
• Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers.
• Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
• Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
• Drivers license.
• Maturity of judgment and behavior.
• Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
• Attends work and shows up for a scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity considering time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
• Ability to be flexible and work in all areas as assigned.
• Must be able to work weekends (if/when scheduled).
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, push, pull and walk. The employee frequently is required to hear. The employee is occasionally required to handle or feel; reach with hand and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to sixty (60) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
• Generally, in an outdoor setting.
• The noise level in some work environments is usually moderate to loud.
• Protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment is required by the work environment or safety regulations.
• Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals.
Full-time employees are eligible for full-paid benefits after a probationary period, including medical, dental, and pension.
Please email resume to Crosscountyinfo@marxrealty.com or fax to 914- 423-7760.