Greenwich Village Funeral Home Inc.
199 Bleecker St
New York, NY 10012
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Peter Deluca for inquiries: (212)-674-8055
Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Provides clerical and administrative assistance supporting our funeral directors. Other general duties include meeting the general public, answering questions and providing information on funeral and cremation information and other related topics, answering phones courteously and in a polite manner, assisting on funeral, memorial and other services or ceremonies as requested by funeral home clients and management.
The Funeral Services Assistant duties must be performed consistent with company mission and values and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Prepare for services including delivering and setting up floral arrangements, chairs, urns, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families.
- Prepare documents related to services, cremations, maintenance, as directed by management.
- Perform office duties such as answering phones and operating fax machine, computer, multiline phone system, debit card machine, typewriter, postage meter and scale and stereo/video system.
- Assist with overseeing building tenant relations, collecting and depositing rents, drafting seasonal tenant leases.
- Run errands such picking up supplies, documents, etc.
- Assist with visitations, memorial and funeral services which may include visitation and chapel set up.
- Prepare documents related to services, cremations, maintenance etc.
- Greets and receives client families and / or other persons entering the office for information and assistance.
- Accommodates the needs of the family during a service and/or visitation.
High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous customer service and/or sales experience preferred
- Proficient with MS Office suite, Google Suite, ability and willingness to learn required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Professional appearance, behaviors, and team player
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to type 50 words per minute
Salary, Hours, Benefits:
Salary Range: $20.00 to $23.50/ hour, $41,600 -$49,920 per year based on experience
Full Time job: Available to work 4 weekdays and 1 weekend day
Hours: 9am to 6pm, 2-3 times a month would need to work an afternoon shift.
2 Locations: Must be able to commute to both (Greenwich Village and Midtown)
Job Location: US-NY – New York
Job Type: Full-time
Postal Code: 10012
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance