Accounting Internship Available Yonkers
JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTING INTERN
LOCATION: 8 BASHFORD ST YONKERS
REPORTS TO: ACCOUNTING MANAGER
SALARY: UNPAID INTERNSHIP
The Accounting Intern will provide support to our dynamic finance department here at Westhab, Inc. and support our team in delivering our mission of Building Communities. Changing Lives. The intern will work the educational institution’s mandated hours so that class credit will be earned. The intern will support the accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting function. The intern will gain exposure to the accounting cycle, learn to work independently and work on projects as a team.
Included but are not limited to:
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities:
- Daily bank deposits using a scanner and maintenance of deposit records.
- Cash application to tenant rent accounts and corporate accounts.
- Support the administration of security deposit accounts and tenant write-offs.
- Updating grants income schedules to record payments received.
Account Payable Responsibilities:
- Data entry of coded vendor invoices
- Entry of Con Ed invoices and upload into AP system
- Support the AP team with vendor files and vendor invoice filing.
- Scan and copy invoices for accounts payable team as needed.
General Accounting Responsibilities:
- Post general ledger activity to workpapers.
- Assist with bank reconciliation preparation
- Data entry of voucher information to grant database or billing schedules.
- Scan and copy invoices for accountants as requested.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree candidate with preferred business degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Proficient with Office including Excel and Word.
AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS
Westhab is the premier organization of our kind in our region, providing housing and supportive services for more than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our community each year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard-working professionals that are fully committed to our mission – Building Communities. Changing Lives. Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our very best every day. We are results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this opportunity, it should only be because you feel ready for the challenges and expectations that come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)
OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION (OSHA):
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) ensures safe and healthful working conditions to workers by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education and assistance. Westhab complies with all applicable OSHA standards, rules and regulations in addition to keeping our workplaces free of serious recognized hazards.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org